Re: phoneline networking revisited

From: winsor (winsor@wi.net)
Date: Tue Oct 03 2000 - 15:56:34 CEST

Yes Michele,*grin*

I did get two machines successfully talking to each other through a plain phone
cord...............not a "powered phone line"(with NO dialtone) trying now to
get PPP running between them.
 I'm quite pleased with this as these machines have
only a floppy, and without a proper cable there is almost no easy way to move
files larger than a floppy between them.(although at 2400 baud these files move
VERY slowly) If you have any further questions about this I'd be quite pleased
to answer.........
As this could be a rather neat feature to include in future muLinux releases.
As I said
machine #1 Hardware handshake 2400 bps 8N1 local echo ON
ATZ<enter>
ATA<enter>

machine #2 same as above
ATZ<enter>
ATX3DT<enter>

the X3 tells the modem NOT to wait for a dialtone........and with no phone
number to dial it just attempts to connect directly. (and does so in a few
seconds)This X3 as I read in this old manual is commonly used in the eastern
part of europe.

winsor