Re: [mu TECH] upgrading to version 10r0

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Sun Sep 24 2000 - 22:40:51 CEST

On Sun, Sep 24, 2000 at 08:31:13PM +0100, Clive Wright nicely wrote:
> I seem to be having fun with the new addons fun file.
> As the GCC addon has not changed I instructed the setup
> script to skip upgrading with the result that setup -l shows
> GCC as unwanted.
> I do not know if anyone else has had problems with retaining
> original addons from v9r5 on a umsdos cloned mulinux. A work
> around would be to upgrade using the original floppy disk,
> but I am sure that this was not necessary when upgrading
> from v9r4 to v9r5 so why should it be necessary now?
>
> Has anyone else had problems upgrading?

Good note. Now, the code which load addons are unique. Please,
edit the file /setup/fun/ADDON.fun and locate that:

UPGRADE=
case $action in
s) exit 0
        ;;
u)
        UPGRADE=y
        ;;
esac
fi

save -n $resource configure

You see the problem: if you answer "skip", the "exit 0" abort
the script, and the last row "save ..." do not take effect. So,
the state is unchanged.

The workaround is to move the "save" row in this way:

case $action in
s)
        save -n $resource configure
        exit 0
        ;;
u)
        UPGRADE=y
        ;;
esac
fi

In this way, if you answer "y" to GCC, then you say "skip upgrading",
you still have the old addon.

In alternative, open the file /setup/cnf/GCC.fun and change the
ACTION state in 'configure' by .... hand :-(

Michele