Re: [mu setup] adsl (and updating Kernel)

From: Mark Roberts (mu@manumark.de)
Date: Fri Sep 15 2000 - 18:45:14 CEST

Dear Jerry,

> Has anyone got DSL working on mulinx? I want to setup
> a router to connect to my dsl provider using pppoe
> (which i have working on another machine) and turn on
> ip masquerading.
>
> Also, how can i upgrade the kernel on mulinux?
>
> Jerry

You might ask zhengliangchen <liangchenzheng@redflag-linux.com>,
who was apparently successful updating the Kernel, but appears not to be
on the list any more.

Apart from installing the Kernel, you need to upgrade to glib. And if you
then throw out libc, you need to update all binaries that use it. In any
case, mulinux becomes a megalinux.

Good luck, but why bother?

Mark