Re: mu GCC

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Wed Sep 06 2000 - 20:43:05 CEST

On Wed, Sep 06, 2000 at 03:46:39PM +0200, Ondrej Kavka nicely wrote:
> I don't know a thing about compiling, but..
> If I want to make lynx or whatever to run perfectly in mu, is it enough to
> download the gcc package and then unpack the 2.0.36 kernel sources and
> headers from ftp.kernel.org?

The kernel is needed in the purpose to complete the /usr/include/linux
.h collection, for those programs which requires kernel interface.
This is not the case of lynx. Modern lynx can't work in muLinux
for a lot of other raisons: they uses up-to-date ncurses or forms or
panel libraries. Believe me: an impossible task.

>Also, if I want to compile on a different
> system for mu, is it possible? I have Red Hat with a 2.2.16...

If you mount the PERL module, you can run in muLinux also libc6
binaries (we have libc-2.0.7). The kernel release is not mattere, here.
You have the chance to try your compiled binary in muLinux.

Michele