Re: start default profile automatically

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Tue Aug 29 2000 - 19:41:58 CEST

On Tue, Aug 29, 2000 at 06:01:11PM +0200, Dumas Patrice nicely wrote:

> Michele,
> it remembers me that I found a bug in local.fun : if there was a file
> /setup/cnf/store/rc.local, even if the user changed something in the prepare
> section (editing /etc/rc.local) , the stored file was copied in /etc, overriding
> the changes.

A bug? A feature!
Seriously, the user (after editing by hand /etc/rc.local) must save it
with "setup -s" or (economizing) "setup local store".

>Here I joined a (still untested, but should work, that time)
> local.fun, but I am not really satisfied with the think I did to overcome the
> problem, that is defining a variable to be at yes if the /etc/rc.local was edited
> during the prepare section, because it pollutes badly the unique setup namespace.

During Setup execution, the variable in the corresponding .cnf are
actives: Setup will save any change ( if you didn't removed the 'save'
line in prepare() ).

> An other way to avoid that, would be to test wether a /etc/rc.local exists or not,
> and if it exists, not copy the /setup/cnf/store/rc.local file, but I think it is
> bad for hd based muLinux.

The only workaround I know, is to maintain the two file *identical*, using
the setup -s trick. Please, take a look to the setup/local help screen

If your answer to next question is "YES", muLinux allow you
to edit this file now. Anycase, you can edit yourself this file when
boot finished: muLinux will save it when you do "setup -s".