Re: [mu COMERCIAL] What is happening in Hong Kong?

From: Karl-Heinz Zimmer (khz@snafu.de)
Date: Tue Jul 11 2000 - 09:21:46 CEST

Am Die, 11 Jul 2000 schrieb Alfie Costa:

> > Perhaps it would be a nice idea to ask both Network
> > Solutions and Mr. MA, PHILIP in Hong Kong if it might
> > be that they are trying to get away with this?
>
> I just took a look at "http://www.mulinux.com" and it
> said "under construction", with no data about what
> 'mulinux.com' might or might not refer to.
> Assuming this is all there is to see, it's possible that
> Rahul Joshi got the name confused with the subject of
> this mailing list.

Sorry, I do not believe in that theory because pretty much
the same thing happened severel weeks ago with somebody
trying to reserve a STAROFFICE.COM account - also using
Network Solutions and also having the same naming schema:
as now "MA, PHILIP (MULINUX-DOM)" they had "(STAROFFICE-DOM)"
in their name and I think things like this do not happen
by coincidence.

> There didn't seem to be any visible evidence of wrongdoing.

To me it looks the other way around but (perhaps?) I might
be wrong...

> At the very least, Rahul Joshi seems to have gotten a name
> mixed up, and if this name does not turn out to be some
> nefarious scheme, it's at least an interesting coincidence.

So why did Rahul write a complete article on muLinux without
mentioning the Homepage? Only giving a hint to mulinux.com
and to the nevalabs.org? To me this looks strange.

Regards,
Karl-Heinz [ http://home.snafu.de/~khz ]

--
"If you think of MS-DOS as mono, and Windows as stereo, then
 Linux is Dolby Pro-Logic Surround Sound with Bass Boost