Re: [mu TECH] a 'printf' trick for scripts

From: Alfie Costa (agcosta@gis.net)
Date: Sat Jul 08 2000 - 23:25:06 CEST

On 6 Jul 2000, at 21:46, Michele Andreoli <mulinux@sunsite.auc.dk> wrote:

> > fmt="%-15s: %s$CR"
>
> This is the correct place where replace $CR with a good old ^L

It's a beautiful day for arguments about small details. Now what about my tidy
'3D' code? ^L is short and sweet, but it's just brutal on indents.** Some
text editors, (like Cooledit), don't show control characters like ^L.

(** Sometimes I think about a spaghetti-code indent program for scripts. It
would add indents, or remove them, all according to some universal formula.
Maybe something like this already exists somewhere. Maybe we're better off
without it.)