Re: And what about linux-native partition install?

From: Mark Roberts (mu@manumark.de)
Date: Fri Jul 07 2000 - 01:06:55 CEST

Dears,

I can't really keep up with Jef and Bob, but I do think I know an answer
to the original question.

> Sorry if you mis-understood (my firts post wasn't that clear after all)
> but i want to create a ext2 file system on my laptop and have
> muLinux to "clone" to it.

If I remember rightly what I did:

From a running mulinux-system, you type 'clone' and choose ext2 from the
menu. And Jef's your uncle, as easy as that. Are there many Brits on this
list?

But careful: if what you really want is to create an ext2 filesystem
_without_ distroying the dos-partition, you will have to dive deep into
readme-files about repartioning your disk. The trick is to create the new
partition on top of part of the old one, while making sure all the data
was somewhere else at the time. With your fingers crossed. You find such
readme-files in any big distribution, and they always say they take no
responsibility if it doesn't work.

In other words, you want to make a backup anyway (unless you intended to
delete your dos, which is how I first understood you), repartion your disk
without reading any readme-files, and reinstate the backup on the (now
smaller) dos-partition. Boot mulinux, clone, uncle.

Mark