Re: [mu TECH] terminal speed

From: Alfie Costa (agcosta@gis.net)
Date: Thu Jun 08 2000 - 19:04:00 CEST

On 8 Jun 2000, at 8:36, Jef Knoors <mulinux@sunsite.auc.dk> wrote:

> Maybe a nice idea to make a muLynx spinof-disk like muSamba?

For just a terminal speed change, a short script would do...

        tmpfile=/tmp/TempInittab$$
        sed '/agetty 38400 tty/agetty 115200 tty/g' /etc/inittab > $tmpfile
        mv -i $tmpfile /etc/inittab

(Note: this is typed from a Win95 e-mail system, and the code above hasn't
actually been tested -- I looked up the 'sed' command in a book. I think it
ought to work though.)

I had to reboot to get the new terminal speed, but there probably should be
some way to do it without rebooting.

The interesting question remains of what practical effect doing this has on the
total system speed? It seems faster, or at least more responsive.