Re: README.html, paragraphe 10

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Thu Jun 08 2000 - 15:11:14 CEST

On Thu, Jun 08, 2000 at 01:04:43PM +0200, Gerard MARCADE nicely wrote:

> Lest's have a look at paragraph 10.
>
> IP filtering allow firewall. I agree with that.
> It is the first part of the paragraph.
>
> In the second part of the paragraph, you seem to speak
> about private network and NAT (Network Address Translation).
> This is completly different, isn't it.

This the text of paragraph 10:

  IP filtering firewall is designed to control the flow of packets based
   the source, destination, port and packet type. In muLinux (version >
   2.7, setup ipfwadm) You can enable IP masquerade feature and IP
   generic protection on a Linux server, allowing connected computers
   (running TCP/IP, but without registered Internet address) to connect
   to the Internet through your muLinux box.

Masqueranding is a kind of IP manipulation: it fall under ipfwadm
scope.

Michele