GCC, new version?

From: JesusC (jesus.consuegra@retemail.es)
Date: Thu Jun 01 2000 - 23:45:32 CEST

Michele:
I've noticed that the startup messages of the last version tell about GCC 2.7.2 (or so), that's may be an
improvement to the current GCC.tgz that is 2.7.0. Is it true?. Are you using it?. If so,
Are you planning to replace GCC.tgz soon?. I've run into trouble when trying to compile some programs. In
some Makefiles there are references to a path that contains somewhere in the middle a reference to GCC
2.7.3 (I cannot remember exactly, I've been unable to start PPP from mulinux yet and I'm writing this on a
Win32 machine). Looking at the GCC web site I've found that current version is 2.9.3... Dou you know if it
would work to compile the kernel?.
More: I tried to run mulinux with a 2.2.14 kernel (bareapm.i) from the Slackware site. It almost started
properly, I got some messages telling about modules that have to be recompiled, but everything seemed to
work. But arriving to the login time, the login was unable to recognize the tty port...
Well, enough for now.
I love mulinux. Is a great masterpiece of work!.
Best regards,
Jesus.

---
(Quosque tandem abbutere Catilina, pasciencia nostra quiescebant?) ;-)