Re: [mu TECH] custom kernel and Xwindows problem

From: Jerry Beckmann (ars_magica_gm@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Jun 05 2000 - 16:11:44 CEST

I have attached the startx.log file from my test machine. The steps I
followed for making the kernel were as follows: copy kernel.txt to .config,
rm .config.old, make menuconfig (then exited without making any changes),
make dep, make clean, make zImage, cp ./zImage ./mulinuz (directories
omitted), mu -r. I installed only the X11 disk and setup only the mouse as a
/dev/psaux device. No ethernet device has been configured, as the machine I
am developing on does not have one. When I run startx, the system flips
over to virtual terminal 7 and displays nothing. When I put control back to
terminal 1 (the terminal I called startx from) the command prompt is back
waiting for a new command.

I could really use some help with figuring this one out. I believe that it
is either my .config is not correct or I need to change a few settings in
the makefile to compile the correct settings for the display adapter. I have
downloaded kernel version 2.0.36, applied the Disk On Chip 2000 patch and am
using gcc version 2.91.66.

Thanks again,
Jerry