Re: muLinux for aAmiga

From: Gerhard Thimm (gthimm@zbw.ch)
Date: Thu May 25 2000 - 17:01:47 CEST

Martin_Doering@mn.man.de schrieb:

> >So , you have a Amiga 1000 under linux?
> >I had one too, I still have some nice ADF's
> >Intrested?
> >Jef
> I once had the idea to let a linux run in an emulator for Atari or Amiga
> computers - vmware for the poor, but I found out, that you need a mmu to get
> this running. But the Amiga 1000 has no MMU. Is it possible to let linux run on
> it at all?
>
> If yes, mulinux would be the choice, because of it's small size.

There is a project on http://www.uClinux.org . Linux for Controllers,
which uses 68K-Motorola Hardware (and others). E.g. Palm-Organizer and a
Custom-Board with a 68328-Dragonball and a lot of others. I don't know
of an Amiga-Port, but uCLinux is a linux (or better a linux subset)
without MMU and also great fun. It is amazing to see linux run on a
SIMM-size Board (incl. Web-Server!).

Gruesse, Gerhard