Diamond supra express modem

From: James Elliott (JG_Elliott@Yahoo.com)
Date: Sat May 20 2000 - 18:43:45 CEST

Hi,
Does any one know if a diamond supra express external modem connected via the serial port will work with muLinux? I've set it all up and it all looks fine, but when I try to connect to the internet, with mulinux, it says 'connecting please wait' and full stops go accross the screen as if to show that something is happening. The modem is switched on, but no lights to show that it's connecting are flashing - just the 'on' light. It works fine with my win95 connection, so I'm thinking that it's probably that the modem isn't supported or something? Or maybe I've set up ppp and diald wrong. Can anyone help me?

James