Re: lowmem (4Meg)

From: mjohnson@davesworld.net
Date: Tue May 02 2000 - 19:02:09 CEST

Basically, I would like to ressurect an old laptop as a mulinux machine... I was hoping to build an installation that worked without needing to use the floppy, I have the images on my harddrive... why copy them to a floppy just to turn around and copy them back? Is there a nice way that I can run the installation completely from the hard drive? Also, is it would be nice to increase the swap size (like a prompt for size) during installation.

I plan on ordering some more memory that I found for this old laptop I have here, but it would be nice just to get something up and running... The machine has been so faithful to my family over the years (I'm the 3rd to have it).. I would like to let it continue in this capacity.

Mike