Re: [TECH] Modem-to-Modem wire connection

From: Peter Sin (petersin@bigfoot.com)
Date: Sun Apr 23 2000 - 01:56:35 CEST

Michele,
     I think you are right about the crossover. In standard
telephone cables it seems to be the convention that
the wires are crossed over if and only if the connectors
at the ends have the same gender. The standard cable
I used has (male) jacks on both ends so is crossed as
you described.

I found this link:
http://www.apo.nmsu.edu/Telescopes/RJ12_Serial/RJ12_Serial_Basics.html

Best regards,