youpee!

From: Razvan Cosma (razvan@ambra.ro)
Date: Thu Dec 18 1997 - 19:09:45 CET

 Hope u won't mind, i just wanted to let everyone know I got a full
working muLinux! I tried it on p100/32ram/TXMB, cyrix166/32ram/VXproMB,
both with intel eepro100 nics and had no serous prob, but I was only
interested in the networking part, I tried X, it looks awful (I think I'll
stick to a normal - and expensive - config for the user friendly part :).
 What doesn't work at all is pnpdump which gives some weird errors, but i
copied the req'd values from windogs, and i guess i'll survive even w/o
PnP :)
 Furthermore, since the eepro cards have built-in PXE compatible bootroms,
it wold be interesting to have several mulinux machines remote-boot with
dhcp/tftp but i'm not quite sure how this would be done since on startup
it insists on reading the files from floppy/hdd. Anyone tried this before?
 I've seen a question on /mnt/mulinux : not found - it's because the path
was wrong, i have it on d:\kits\mulinux which would be
/dev/hda2 than /kits/mulinux and not /mnt/kits/mulinux.

---
It is like saying that for the cause of peace, God and the Devil will
have a high-level meeting.
		-- Rev. Carl McIntire, on Nixon's China trip