Samba problem

From: Vieira Netto (vieira@intermega.com.br)
Date: Fri Jan 07 2000 - 02:43:26 CET

Hello World of MuLinux!

Hello everybody! Have a very very good 2öö0 *!

Samba I know very much, It´s a Brazilian Rhythm, very good...
Oh sorry, in this community it´s a software, very good software.

Breaking a long silence period...

Well, I´m trying to enable some smb connections.
It works from MuLinux to MuLinux,
but from W98 I cant even browse.

Cant view MuLinux even clicking "find computer".

In MuLinux I have changed workgroup => to the one I use
                                oslevel => 30

In w98 included Mubox into lmhosts

Now, thinking better,

Perhaps, I must setup password in plain text in w98. I think its the
right thing to do.

The problem is that I have to change each time I access MuLinux and my
Mandrake Server.

Well, I have just made the plaintext change and things goes on same way.
I also made a setup change in MuLinux Samba to accept encrypted password
and disabled plaintext password in w98.

No Way! Has anybody got to do this smb connection

* Trying to iconify in plain text the 2000 glasses

Ciao From Brazil,

Vieira
Vieira@intermega.com.br
Linux User #100.600

Microsoft??? Marca nova de papel Higiênico??? (Mulinux)