Re: mu[setup] ethernet card

From: winsor (winsor@wi.net)
Date: Sat Dec 25 1999 - 18:20:05 CET

I've found with several pnp sound cards this same problem.
If your realtech card comes with DOS drivers try loading the DOS drivers
via config.sys.........it seems that these cards need(although I'm not
sure) values assigned to be properly detected and initiated under a
cross O/S reboot.
Although I very well could be wrong, sometimes it's worth a try.
What I'd suggest as an experiment,
Make a Win boot disk and install net card driver to that, cobble
together a config.sys on this disk to load the net drivers, and try
booting into muLinux with this disk.
Using certain sound cards under certain "small linux" distributions,
I received "dsp reset failed" messages upon boot till I loaded DOS
drivers rather than the default WIN95 drivers.

signed
winsor