Re: Modem not responding in Mulinux v6r4.

From: Vieira Netto (vieira@intermega.com.br)
Date: Tue Dec 14 1999 - 01:53:21 CET

Hello World Of Mulinux!

Hello R. Venkateswaran,

Adictionaly, using miterm try:
ati1
ati2
ati5

If you get response, your CPU connected with your modem and you can
verify some modem parameters.

I have a External USR 33.6 that works fine, or almost.

My problem is different, even using a 33.6 modem I cant use more than
19.2, cause I get strangers caracteres (not recognized) on screen, so it
connects but I cant login. This is not a MuLinux previlege. It happens
with every linux (Red Hat, Mandrake...), and only with Linux. Using
Widows it works fine.

I know it´s not Mulinux problem, but could anybody say a word, have
somebody had a problem Like this???

Using Pentium 266 Mboard Asus using ttyS1 at 0x2f8 (irq =3) is a 16550A

bye from Brazil,

Vieira
Vieira@intermega.com.br
Linux User #100.600

Microsoft??? Marca nova de papel Higiênico??? (MuLinux)