Re: Re: mu [Tcl bugs]

From: Tom Poindexter (tpoindex@nyx.net)
Date: Thu Dec 09 1999 - 04:27:59 CET

On Thu, Dec 09, 1999 at 12:48:42AM +0000, Dave Houghton wrote:
> >> tkftp..
>
> Sorry Tom, I meant to say the fvwm maximise functions. Clicking the centre

I took a quite gander at the code, looks like it doesn't really expect to
resize.

> >> vmail...
> >> doesn't handle messages sent in multipart/alternate format. It just
> >I'll look into the multipart bug. It could be because of my hacked mmencode
> >program.

> AS it stand vmail does an excellent job and I reckon we stick with it and further develop it as the standard graphical mail/news prog. Looks like I'll have to learn tcl codeing or just jump straight in and learn the hard way as usual!!

I found that vmail was using some arcane arguments for mmencode, and my
mmencode was getting some data that casued it to puke. mmencode worked
before with only precisely correct input. I've made some tweaks to both
vmail and mmencode to hopfuly address some of these problems.

Do consider learning Tcl. Michele suggested I include some Tcl programming
info, see /usr/tcltk/doc/Tcl-Programming.HOWTO for my quickie guide. Most
of it is just links to useful web site, plus some advice. Many people can
learn Tcl basics in two hours, and starting being productive in a few days.

> Dave g0mxw

Cheers!
Tom N0NUJ

--