Re: mu [7r4 bugs]

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Tue Dec 07 1999 - 17:58:48 CET

On Mon, Dec 06, 1999 at 08:30:45PM -0600, Dave Houghton nicely wrote:
> Michele,
>
> just a couple of quick bugs for you
>
> in setup at first boot from floppy the VNC and TCL addons are not
> configured
> add VNC and TCL to /setup/order before GCC.

I may, but isn't a bug. The addons list is /setup/addons and order isn't
relevant.

> /usr/X11R6/bin/XF86Config incorrectly configures the pointer section of
> /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/XF86Config (at least for PS/2 mice). This is the
> cause of most of the problems people are having with the X11 addon as
> the X server can't start up with incorrect mouse definitions.
> I haven't checked this as I manually edited the config file (cloned
> system), but it seems that there are a couple of people who don't know
> this and you obviously loose your changes on a ramdisk system.

I changed xf86config because it write in the USR section: a problem,
when this segment is loaded from a read-only media. Then, I've created
a link with a /etc/X11/XF86Config.

Now /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/XF86Config is a symlink with /etc/X11/XF86Config,
as in all standard Linux and cannot understand what happens. Can you
track the bug for me?

> the fvwm-95 taskbar clock still doesn't update the time correctly.
> Change the final %m to %M in the taskbar clock line in the fvwm95 config
> file.

An old problem. BTW, changed %m->%M.

> Apart from that everything installs and works perfectly (again).
> Anything else and you can bet I'll let you know!!
>
> Your fractured bodily

Please, Dave: track for me the X11 bug and let me know.
Michele