AW: AW: Fractured english in muLinux

From: Kochenburger Andreas (Andreas.Kochenburger@khe.siemens.de)
Date: Thu Dec 02 1999 - 17:06:29 CET

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: winsor [mailto:winsor@wi.net]
Gesendet am: Mittwoch, 1. Dezember 1999 02:47
An: mulinux@sunsite.auc.dk
Betreff: Re: AW: Fractured english in muLinux

AND it only requires 900+ MEGS of free disk space, and downloads in
under eight hours.

---
That is Frankenstein software. But this makes me think of another thing
or question which I cannot answer:
Is there a definition or standard of what command or prog HAS to be in a
minimum Unix system?
In DOS you know what belongs to the OS. All the files in one directory like
C:\DOS and some very few files in the root C:\. You know when a file belongs
to the operating system and which file must be part of an application. With
Unix you seem to live in an open software biotop. I have SuSE Linux
installed,
which is a really good distribution, and I seem always to find something new
when I
browse around with mc, which is my favourite tool (it reminds me of the
golden
DOS times ;-)

Andreas