Re: [mu BUG] LOOP cloning do not works

From: Michele Andreoli (quisque@tin.it)
Date: Thu Nov 25 1999 - 23:20:49 CET

On Thu, Nov 25, 1999 at 08:33:13PM +0100, Arno Wilhelm nicely wrote:

> Once I have read the bootabler cdrom howto and there it says that the cdrom
> pretends ( = is mounted) as a floppy. Maybe that is why it has to be 1.44
> MB.

The job is make by "-b" option in mkisofs. I see, mkisofs read from
a file sized to 1.44M; floppy is not mounted. What you told happen
in Windows related tool: the software in this case require a diskette
bootable in the drive.

My opinion is: this kind of Linux tools (as mkisofs) was made
(or initiated ) by Windows programmer.

Otherwise, I can't understand why a file with 512 bytes (the boot
sector) is not enough for mkisofs. What kind of use it do with remaining
Kb in the floppy? Mah!

Anyway, I succeded in recompiling "cdrecord", "cdda2wav" and "mkisofs"
with the medieval libc.so.5 C library. That miracle!

I was been able to make a CD-RW in a UMSDOS muLinux, but I'm not
sure they will be really good media.

With cdda2wav and sox I'm able to read audio track from audio CD
and convert them in WAV and CDR format.

With

        cdrecord, cdda2wav,mkisofs, mpg123

the burning suite seems complete (but I'm not sure if mpg123
can convert mp3->cdr, any case)

--
"I'd like to conclude with a positive statement, but I can't remember any.
 Would two negative ones do?"			-- Woody Allen