Re: [mu BUG] LOOP cloning do not works

From: Michele Andreoli (quisque@tin.it)
Date: Mon Nov 22 1999 - 21:15:20 CET

On Mon, Nov 22, 1999 at 09:20:07AM -0600, jeremy@visi.com nicely wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 21, 1999 at 05:55:06PM +0100, Arno Wilhelm wrote:
> >
> > If you have some experience with creating bootable cdroms with mulinux
> > please let me know. ( Especially about the details on how to create it :-] )
>
> if Michele doesn't answer this, then I'll be happy to post full instructions
> on how I manage to do it--once I _do_ manage to do it.

Oh, my HP M820 cd-writer works with Linux, using a SCSI connection!
I, today, cloned a partial form of muLinux over a CD-RW -- but I'm
a student yet on cd-burning.

The mkisofs require a 1440k bootable disk image and I cannot
understant why?! The only 512 byte MBR is not enough. Mah!
This mean 1M space wasting on the CD-ROM, but CDROM is so big ...

When "cdclone" will be up and running, we can use muLinux as
tool for put in a CDROM all we have mounted: NFS volumes, etc.

Michele

--
"I'd like to conclude with a positive statement, but I can't remember any.
 Would two negative ones do?"			-- Woody Allen