Re: [mu BUG] LOOP cloning do not works

From: jeremy@visi.com
Date: Mon Nov 22 1999 - 16:22:48 CET

On Sun, Nov 21, 1999 at 08:01:17PM +0000, Michele Andreoli wrote:

> A cdrom-muLinux is another project, different from floppy-muLinux. We have
> to deal with a read-only-media and something in the structure must to be
> changed. How to store profiles? In [optional] floppy disk?

Hrm. good point. I hadn't thought of that.

> A CDROM is an enormous work space and many of muLinux trick simply will loss
> meaning in this new scenario.

Not necessarily. Especially since we were going to fill the rest with
documentation and FAQs. Look at mulinux as a mini-OS (which it is), in this
case only being used to be a reader for the info :)

> A such project is a too much ambitious project for a single mantainer.

I dunno...how hard can it be? (or are those famous last words?)

> If "cdclone" fail to detect the cd-writer device, it should BTW realize
> an El Torrito image for the system that user might want to use
> Windows for burn the cd [sorry for my english, but I never seen
> a grammar book in my life: I learned french at school]

My intention is to try to clone to an .iso image, or to an ext2 partition,
and then use regular utils to convert that to an .iso and burn it.

Jeremy