Re: Install took a long time...

From: Michele Andreoli (quisque@tin.it)
Date: Tue Nov 16 1999 - 13:54:45 CET

On Mon, Nov 15, 1999 at 10:42:45PM +0200, Enyedi Szilárd nicely wrote:
> Hi there!
> I'm usually just "monitoring" the list passively, but the problem below
> showed up also on my 486 DX 33, UMC MB, 4 M RAM and 40 M HDD.
> When the install (DOSfs) arrives till USR, it hangs, but the HDD keeps
> working. I let it running one night, but the USR still wasn't installed. And
> here comes the X-Files part: the same install worked perfectly on another
> machine, which happens to be a CX PR200, TX430, 64M RAM, 540M HDD. Don't
> know why, but it just feels the 40M HDD is the matter. Why does it keep
> working?

I installed in 386/4Mega, using swap. This kind of test is difficult
for me, because I'v 32M and can't reproduce the 4M behaviour.

The only solution I know is to write on the web pages: required 8M
mininum.

Michele

--
"I'd like to conclude with a positive statement, but I can't remember any.
 Would two negative ones do?"			-- Woody Allen