Re: mu[bugs] 7r0

From: Michele Andreoli (quisque@tin.it)
Date: Wed Nov 10 1999 - 16:21:28 CET

On Tue, Nov 09, 1999 at 07:21:38PM -0600, Dave Houghton nicely wrote:
> Michele,
>
> here are a couple of bugs/ suggestions for you:-
>
> /bin/isapnp does not work (yes I have replaced your isapnp configuration
> file with my own generated by pnpdump). Replacing /bin/isapnp with
> version 1.18 solves this problem as it has done for the past 6 months on
> my setup. Can I suggest that you also re-arrange the setup order so that
> setup isapnp comes before setup ports after switching to init 5. This
> way any internal uart isapnp modems are initialised before the serial
> port paramaters are setup.

Ok. Have you the new libc.so.5 isapnp binary? Please, send me.

> There is a problem with the telnet daemon. When it is started by init 5
> it fails to install properly with init giving the message " INIT: Id
> "T1" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes ".
> The old 6r4 telnetd worked o.k. but i have not had chance to compare it
> against the new one.

The new telnted start via "setup inetd". You have to disable the
rustic telnetd, starting via inittab, or conflict on TCP port 23
will occour.

> Send queued mail in ppp-on and sendmail do not work with the rustic
> symlinked grep > gateway. They both require the full binary version of
> grep. Replaceing grep solves one problem but...

The stupid grep! Ok, bug registered.

> arrgh bare LF in rna sendmail. I'm sure my smtp mail server won't be
> the only one to not accept mail with bare line feeds or bare [.]
> terminated data. This needs sorting as outgoing mail just doesn't
> get accepted by the quickly increasing number of smtp servers complying
> with 822bis section 2.3, which specifically prohibits all bare LFs. You
> probably already know but the end of lines in the [DATA] section of the
> email must terminate in CR LF and the [DATA] section terminated with CR
> LF . CR LF
> With that fixed on my own computer my mail now gets delivered o.k.

I have to put CR LF at the end on [DATA] section? No problem

Thanks Dave. Please send me other malfunction. I plan to release soon
a 7r1 with bug fixes.

Michele

--
"I'd like to conclude with a positive statement, but I can't remember any.
 Would two negative ones do?"			-- Woody Allen