Re: [mu ANNOUNCE] muLinux v7.0 is out

From: Vieira Netto (vieira@intermega.com.br)
Date: Wed Nov 10 1999 - 00:20:48 CET

Hello World of MuLinux!
Hello Michele!

I´ll say a little bit more.

Look, it´s not a novelty for you or others old penguins of Linux, but may
be interesting to somebody.

I´m booting MuLinux on a 486DX2 66, 8MB Ram, 203 MB Caviar HD, CGA Video
board an Monitor. I think it´s impossible to seee X in this monitor. When
boot is finnished I turn the Monitor off.

In another box, may be any S.O., but in this case I´m using Win 98, I do
the following in a telnet session with MuLinux:

      vnc start&
      startx&

And now with vncviewer (or Netscape, but too slow) I can see X running on
that 486 with CGA. It´s is slow cause it has only 8 MB ram, but works.

About grep.

have you tried???
When I connect to internet after pppd is executed I see the following message:
/bin/grep: cannot open : no such file

About tar

You mean, explained on help/archiving. I followed step by step... including
gzip, but...
No matter i´ll try more. I know the problem is between the chair and the
keyboard. Now I´ll read Gerhard´s EMail.

I dont want a new mandrake, I already have one. And I´m MuLinux fan.

Bye Friends

Um abraço,

Vieira - Vieira@consultoria.net - Linux User 100.600

Microsoft? Marca nova de papel Higiênico? (MuLinux)