[MU SETUP]

From: R. Venkateswaran (venki@lucent.com)
Date: Wed Oct 20 1999 - 16:25:48 CEST

Hi,

I am trying to get Xwindows going in mulinux. I downloaded the X11.tgz
file (using BINARY download) and created the floppy. While creating
the floppy, MULINUX writes several files and then says "Bus Error".

While booting linux, when I load X11, I get the same "Bus
Error" message. A few files are created in /usr/X11R6/bin and
/usr/X11R6/lib , but the important library files are missing. So, I am
not able to start X.

Could someone tell me what I am doing wrong. I downloaded X11.tgz a
couple of times (from different sites, always making sure of BINARY
download) and the same problem persists.

I have a Pentium 75 with 16 MB RAM.

Thanks,
venki

--
R. Venkateswaran (Venki)  [email -> mailto:venki@lucent.com]
    Lucent Technologies Bell Labs, Phone: (630)-979-6253