Re: muLinux and Beyond.

From: Jack N. Gallemore (Jack.N.Gallemore-1@ou.edu)
Date: Wed Jun 30 1999 - 00:40:08 CEST

Oli,
I got XSVGA running on my laptop at 800x600 w/ 256 colors. Unfortunately, you
will have to utilize the "clone" system and put it on your hard drive.
Thankfully, you have the option of saving your system to a UMSDOS filesystem.
Download Slackware's XSVGA.tgz (or, if you have an accelerated card, one of the
others), from your favorite FTP site, untar/ungzip it. It will create a
/install/doinst.sh shell file. Do a "chmod +x /install/doinst.sh <enter>". Now
from the root directory, issue a "/install/doinst.sh". This will link the
necessary startup files to XSVGA. Finally, you need a good XF86Config file
(located in the /usr/X11/lib/X11 directory) for your card. If you aren't sure
what you are doing, you could fry your monitor, SO BE CAREFUL! <G> You might
download a couple of other programs to help you build your XF86Config such as
Superprobe, vgaset, and others.

Good luck!
Jack