Re: May I Translate...

From: Karl-Heinz Zimmer (khz@stardivision.de)
Date: Wed Jun 30 1999 - 10:08:10 CEST

Am 30.06.1999, 02:08:07, schrieb Michele Andreoli:

> On Mon, Jun 29, 1998 at 10:10:11PM +0200, Jose I Gracia wrote:
> > If you want me to help you... I´m a teacher of English and a
> > Linux user, if any is interested, I could translate English
> > to Spanish or viceversa those docs you are interested in.
> >

> Very good proposal.
[...]
> The best thing is to translate the readme.html, but it's very
> long, I suppose.

> You can start translating the unix-tips.eng (located in
> /usr/doc/help). In my opinion, this is a good starting point
> for a novice Linux user.

Hi Jose,

might i suggest that you send a short message to this list indicating
that you are starting the translation of a certain document ?

Thus we could prevent others from doing the same simultaneously
without knowing that the work is already being done...
( Last time someone asked if i could translate a
  document the work was quickly done by someone
  else, IMHO this should not happen twice. )

Greetings,

Karl-Heinz