Re: [mu Setup] problems with mouse and soundcard

From: Michele Andreoli (andreoli@pisoft.it)
Date: Thu Jun 24 1999 - 02:25:21 CEST

On Wed, Jun 23, 1999 at 10:00:00PM +0200, Hans-Juergen Geiss wrote:
> Hello Michele.
>
> I have updated to muLinux V 6r4 yesterday.
>
> The no-name-mouse works. Systest did not find it out, but in the X-Window-
> System the pointer is moving now.
>
> Was it the update of muLinux or why I pushed this strange button on the
> mouse to increase the pointer speed or is it why I have bought a new mouse
> (not yet unpacked)? :-)

:-) The problem was you trusted in my systest!
Has you tried with gpm also, in the console?

> That was a good idea. The gpm mouse server works, although the systest
> failed. The compatible sound card still does not work.

Try the two irq.

> On the other computer the mouse (now Logitech Pilot) doesn't work under
> gpm or X-Window. But there the command systest finds it.

!! systest do some "reduction ad absurdum" probe :)))

> > > It is pluged in the serial port...
> > :)) A metallic muLinux fan, this. Are you german?
>
> Yes, I am german (with a small rustic english vocabulary).
> And You are a good observer. ;-)))

The "are you german" was'nt related to vocabulary, but to your very, very
pragmatic response : "It is pluged in the serial port ..."

> > Hans, be honest: you've made technical studies, isn't true?
> I am a civil engineer, specialized in waste water treatment.

Do You that in Germany?? We waste even the wine :)

Michele