[mu SETUP] 6r1 ppp username

From: Karlheinz Koerber (Karlheinz.Koerber@t-online.de)
Date: Sun May 23 1999 - 18:11:18 CEST

Hi, I think that there is a strange behaviour of setup -f ppp.

When I enter the username \"xxxxx\" setup writes in /setup/cnf/ppp.cnf
the line LOGIN='"xxxxx"', in /etc/ppp/options and /etc/ppp/pap-secrets
is written "xxxxx" as username, that's correct.

When I use setup -f ppp again to change other parameters or even without
any change, only confirming everything using ENTER, the username in
ppp.cnf will be corrupted : LOGIN='xxxxx'.

You may ask why do I need these "-characters around the username ? The
reason is that my username from German Telekom T-Online is containing a
#-character which would be interpreted as a comment-character and
PAP-authentication fails without these two "-characters.

Maybe there is a better way to enter my username ?
Thanks for good ideas !

Karlheinz