Re: mulinux netiquette (was: Boot Problem)

From: Bernhard Reiter (bernhard@uwm.edu)
Date: Tue May 18 1999 - 23:28:22 CEST

On Tue, May 18, 1999 at 07:10:59PM +0000, Karl-Heinz Zimmer wrote:
> Am 18.05.1999, 21:00:06, schrieb Bernhard Reiter:
> > I looked for a way to give my feedback on my mulinux tries.
> > The webpage indicates that this mailinglist is the right place.
> > Maybe I should have mailed Michele directly, but I didn't find
> > clues about that.
>
> > I am not going to appologise,
> [...]
> That's exactly what i expected! :-(
What did you expect after your first mail?

> You are posting to a mailinglist but you are not willing not
> participate on it.
> This is just the same gag as posting to a USENET group and begging for
> being cc'ed.
>
> The reason is allways the same: you want help but are not willing to
> contribute to the comunity and share your own experience to others by
> reading the mails when THEY need help.
:-)
You don't know what you are talking about.
Do a search on a good search engine on my name and you will
see that I am giving back what I can. But I cannot do that for
twenty for fifty free software packages.

> Just go on that way...
The way you complain about that is costing me time, that I could use
for free software development or testing or writing real bug reports.

        Bernhard