Re: Web site hosting offer

From: Michele Andreoli (andreoli@pisoft.it)
Date: Wed Apr 28 1999 - 00:38:40 CEST

On Tue, Apr 27, 1999 at 09:22:24PM +0200, Esben Haabendal Soerensen wrote:

> If your trouble were specifically to us I think I know what probably
> caused them :-)
>
> Yesterday, as you probably know, RedHat 6.0 was released. RedHat ran
> into trouble with their ftp site (again!), and we ended up being the
> one that most of the other mirrorsites mirrored from. At the same
> time we had almost 300 normal users downloading it. We had an average
> upstream of ~17Mb :-))

When I connected, the system tell me: "you are 240 th ftp user, max 300",
or max 400 (don't remember).

> This actually caused trouble for a router on the danish research
> backbone network. Our big Sun ES3500 was not even sweating, but the
> research net backbone almost came to a halt :-)
>
> Have you tried again today ? The problems seems to have been fixed.

Today? This evening, 3-4 times between 19:00 and 22:00.

> But lets hope your ISP connection gets better.

Eh!

> Michele> Michele (Mike, Michael - a male name)
>
> I known. I spent last summer at CERN where one of my friends was an
> italian guy also named Michele. Funny thing with these names :-)

A physicist? I also!

In some country "Michele" (because of the Beatles song) sound female,
so I add this *postilla*, for safeplease :)

Michele

--
Mi sarebbe piaciuto concludere con un'affermazione positiva, ma
non me ne vengono in mente. Vanno bene due negative?