Re: mu SETUP Kernel and DSP Problem

From: Jesus Aneiros (aneiros@infosur.cfg.sld.cu)
Date: Fri Apr 16 1999 - 01:59:54 CEST

Hi,

I'm also new to this list so I hope my mail could help you in some way.

On Thu, 15 Apr 1999, Heise Clemens wrote:

> Q1
> I have only one PCMCIA Slot and so I try to boot from Harddisk. But
> something went wrong. I cannot manage to mv/ cp the Kernel to
> /dev/hda1.

If you copy the dostools.zip and the mulinux*.tgz to your hard drive you
just have to unzip the dostool and execute the install.bat. Having the
X11.tgz in the same directory you eill be able to install xwindows.

> Does mulinux support PCMCIA ethernet cards like ALLNet Ethernet IC
> cards ?

I don't know at this moment.

> Q2
> Is there a chance to run X11 on a small Compaq Notebook ? I have no
> idea how to configure X11 and the windowmanager to the display. It is
> a Compaq Contura 4/33C Notebook.

I think so. I have an old 386 with only 8 MB of RAM and I was able to run
X11, of course a little bit "slow".

To configure just answer the questions. And remember that you can
configure later using setup -f <module_you_want_to_configure>.

Jesus.

--
Jesus Aneiros Sosa | Ave. 58 # 3923 e/c 39 y 41, Cienfuegos, CUBA
Telefono: (53) 432-6009