Re: [mu OT] some fuzzyness...

From: Karl-Heinz Zimmer (khz@stardivision.de)
Date: Tue Apr 06 1999 - 10:58:44 CEST

Am 06.04.1999, 08:37:22, schrieb Sebastien HUET:

> Karl-Heinz Zimmer wrote:

> > Today many, many cultivated people throughout the world drinks
> > fine, DRY wine from Mosel and finds it great. (We use Spumante
> > for making limonade or something similar.)
> >
> > I do only know ONE region making better wine: Châteauneuf-du-Pape
> > in France, but unfortunately many other people share my opinion
> > and so the price of that liquid is nearly unaffordable for me.
> > :-(
>
> Thx for France.
>
> What about fantastic, extraodinary, marvellous and german heisswein
> (icewine) ???

Ok, obviously you've got a deeper knowledge of the matter than the
Spumanti Freaks. ;-)

The best tasting Eiswein (or Beerenauslese) of course is a Mosel: take
some Bernkasteler Doktor (or ~Badstube) or Zeller schwarze Katz or...
or... or... (nearly endless)

All of these are (sweet) Riesling.

So if one is able to (and wants to) pay a bit more money it is
possible to get extraordinary NOT DRY wines of the Mosel.

I just wanted to highlight the fact that even our *average quality*
wine (the dry one) lays at a much higher level of taste than that
strange italian products. ;-)

But sure: it is possible to discuss these opinions during long nights
without moving the different positions.

Karl-Heinz