Re: [mu OT + TECH + SETUP]Hi guys - IN ENGLISH

From: Andrea Manzini (linux@netbusiness.it)
Date: Sun Apr 04 1999 - 10:26:20 CEST

While I was sleeping, Ben Weatherall wrote:
> Hi guys . . . I'm a bit of a newbie to this list and Linux, thought I'd say
> hello.

Welcome, Ben!

> I have been listening and saw a message I sent to Michelle, I think she was

ALT! Stop it! "Michele" (with a single "L") in Italy is a male name :)

> using it as an example of AI in use - this is a good example (although the
> translator is quite inefficient), do not write this field off . . . it is
> already doing more than you may think - the nucleur power station just down
> your road is probably using computer AI systems which can decide when to
> shut down the reactor!

well, we have no nuclear reactors in our country...

> Incidentally, anyone know how to copy a downloaded X11.tgz file to a Linux
> formatted floppy using Win95 or MSDOS?

since the file won't fit in a single 1.44 floppy, just split in two archives
using pkzip, winzip, arj, rar or what is your favourite compressor.

--
       Andrea Manzini         | "Tristo e' quel discepolo che non supera il
linux registered user #104528 | proprio maestro" (Leonardo Da Vinci, 1452-1519)