Re: [mu TECH] Dialup

From: kalev43@mail.ee
Date: Thu Apr 01 1999 - 19:42:20 CEST

On Thu, 1 Apr 1999 at 09:09:25 +0000, Michele Andreoli wrote:

> > OK
> > Next step: "ppp-on"
> > It asks me to wait. Then I hear modem reset, dialling and connect.
> > But it still asks me to wait. I waited for about three minutes, but
> > nothing happened.
> >
> > What could cause this?
> >

> I don't know. Try a bare dialog with your ISP, by hand:
>
> # muterm -l /dev/modem
> # atz
> # atx3
> # atdt########

I tried it few times to compare results. It said I've got the connect
and prompts to enter an username and a password. But... few
charactercharacters were doubled. Same thing probably happened when
entered password. I have never seen anything similar under DOS or
Windows.
Next, it said "PPP session from 194.106.???.242 to
194.106.???.137 beginning".

Any ideas?

--
Best Regards,