mulinux [SETUP] init 6 after 30 seconds

From: Johannes Niess (j.niess@uni-bonn.de)
Date: Fri Mar 12 1999 - 16:11:06 CET

Hello,

my laptop has now developed a very funny behavior: After Booting is
completed (login prompt appears) I have about 30 seconds before a init 6
(reboot) is issued. If I manage to change runlevels in that time (via init
S) it does not reboot. Afer a init 5 I have 30 seconds.

I once did a
$ atd 17:10
reboot

This behavior seems to be caused by a bug in the atd script: In
/usr/spool/atspool there are files named with numbers like 1954 (process
id's?):

AT='17:10'
reboot
rm /var/spool/atspool 1954

Obviously the third line is never executed. On the first glimpse it seems
to be good to remove the entry after completion. But executed only once, even in case of errors. You do not see a difference for
normal commands. Looks like I have hit the only way to find that error.

Please modify atd to exchange the lines 2 and 3. I do not have enough time
or knowledge of the internas of the scripts to send a patch.

Johannes Niess