Re: [mu TECH] [mu SETUP] Laptop lockups

From: Johannes Niess (j.niess@uni-bonn.de)
Date: Tue Mar 09 1999 - 21:14:52 CET

At 11:13 PM 3/8/99 +0000, Michele Andreoli wrote:
>On Mon, Mar 08, 1999 at 01:47:45PM -0600, Johannes Niess wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I like mulinux on my old Toshiba T1850 laptop (386SX25, 8MB RAM). The
>> installation was free of trouble and a previous full linux installation was
>> running forever without problems. With mulinux the laptop freezes after
>> some time (ca. 10 minutes). I can not reproduce the error
>>

>Hi Johannes,
>
>Freezes? Explain me what you mean with "freezes". In X?

Input from keyboard or mouse does not yield any reaction. I will setup swap
and try to reproduce it. What is the easiest way of getting at least core
files? A syslog daemon needs some of the precious bytes of floppy space. If
you can mail me a compiled and mulinux compatible version of tools to track
that error down, I can install them. I can use only use 5 more MB on my
harddisk (including swap).
I have not seen the error today, after 1 hour of ping localhost the load is
up to 1 but still running with 1 MB swap. Even recursive scripts can swap
out without errors. I have a lot of hope now.

I am missing the standard mode 320x200 in the X modelines. X is not running
yet. I have to figure out odd modelines. (28.32 kHz clock, 90 MHz pixel
clock).

Johannes Niess