Re: Mailing List

From: Karl-Heinz Zimmer (khz@stardivision.de)
Date: Wed Jan 20 1999 - 12:10:04 CET

> > On Jan 19, 1999 at 22:42:17 Andrea Manzini wrote:
[...]
> > Perhaps we better should keep in mind that the muLinux Homepage
> > is located on an internet web server and accessible by people
> > around the whole world who mostly don *not* speak italian... ;-)

> you're perfectly right, it was not my intention to offend anyone
> ... I was trying to be democratical :)

Ok, that's generally a good idea. I simply was afraid things would end
up so that we poor foreigners would have to write in italiano. It
takes me at least tree times longer to read or write in your (nice!)
language than to communicate in english (or in something, that
pretends to be english).

> > Or would *you* be happy if (example given) the discussions concerning
> > *LyY* were all in german (with the sole reason that Matthias Ettrich
> > is from there) ???

> Uh ? what's "*LyY*" ?

It seems that i was a bit excited when writing that (more spelling
errors than ever). Of course the program's name is LyX. ;-)

> From my point of view, I prefer to participate actively in italian
than
> lurking a mailing list in a foreign language... It's only my opinion,
> of course!

I do understand this very well. (And i hope that the wish to be
generous against the foreigners will be stronger than the wish to have
a most conveniant list.

Karl-Heinz

--
Karl-Heinz Zimmer    *    Hamburg    *    Germany