Re: Modules

From: Michele Andreoli (andreoli@pisoft.it)
Date: Mon Jan 18 1999 - 16:10:38 CET

On Tue, Jan 19, 1999 at 12:10:54AM +1100, dmgrant@c034.aone.net.au wrote:
> I have a SCSI disk with an Adaptec 2940UW adapter. I can't work out how to load
> modules under mulinux because the insmod command doesn't work even with the
> appropriate modules unzipped from archive.tbz and copied to
> /lib/modules/2.0.36/misc. A message advises that it can't find the corresct
> kernel version.

Sorry David: don't use MODULES.tgz in my site. This stuff is for 2.0.34
kernel. I upload the new archive later. Remember: muLinux >3.0 coming with
a 2.0.36 kernel. Ok, I rename this tgz in the future :)

> I notice that the installation program uses a command "load_modules" Can I
> somehow use this to load my scsi modules from archive.tbz? If not please tell
> me how to load any module from archive.tbz

setup can "insmod" a compressed module:

                setup -m module ( without .o) (see "setup -h")

You can add your module in archive.tgz with this steps:

[ from a working UMSDOS muLinux, or in tree/ dir for Linux installer]

        # cd /startup/modules
        # unpack
        # cp x.o .
        # repack

Michele

--
Mi sarebbe piaciuto concludere con un'affermazione positiva, ma
non me ne vengono in mente. Vanno bene due negative?