RE: Problem with X11.tbz

From: V Pascal Nelson (vpn@ricochet.net)
Date: Wed Dec 16 1998 - 16:49:26 CET

Thanks for the response. I haven't quite figured out what the
correspondence you forwarded means, but I believe that it indicates to try
using a different client (wu-ftp) to download. I am downloading from Win98,
so I don't have wu-ftp. I do have ws-ftp. I have had trouble getting into
the ftp3.linux.it site. It usually is non-responsive. I did get into it
this morning, and finally managed to get to the mulinux directory. BEHOLD!
there is no X11.tbz in the directory! There is a new (mulinux-2p17.tgz)
mulinux file dated Dec. 13.

Perhaps the author is revising the X11.tbz file.

BTW, I realized that the .tbz extension is equivalent to .tar.bz2. I
renamed the file accordingly and tested it with BZIP2. It told me that the
file was corrupted, also. I couldn't seem to feed the .tbz extension to
BZIP2, but the renamed file gives me exactly the same error that I see when
I try to install mulinux.

I will keep looking at the ftp site and when there is a new X11.tbz file,
I'll snag it with ws-ftp.

Pascal

At 12:35 AM 12/16/98 , you wrote:
>See this correspondece -it might help.